As we all know by now VMware are steering end users away from the traditional vSphere client and towards the web client. Below is a list of features that the other doesn't support.
Traditional vSphere Client
– Resource maps
– Update Manager. Users are able to scan hosts and attach baselines in the web client but not remediate hosts.
– Users are still able to connect directly to individual ESXi hosts whereas the Web Client can only connect to directly to vCenter.
– vSphere Replication
– The ability to manage the vSphere environment from any computer with a supported browser
– VDP (VMware Data Protection)
– VM Hardware 10. If you need to create or edit a VM with HW version 10 then you must use the web client
– Configure vFlash Read Cache
– Enhanced vMotion